When I feel like going for a vegetarian meal, I usually cook vegetable lo mein. It is quick to prepare and super delicious.
You’ll need either precooked or uncooked lo mein noodles. I used precooked noodles that normally comes in a 16 oz package. I prefer these over the uncooked noodles as it only takes about a minute of blanching to get the noodles ready for stir frying.
You can pair the lo mein noodles with any kind of vegetables you want. In this recipe, I used carrots, cabbage, snow peas, bean sprouts, and bamboo shoots. If you are adding bulky vegetable such as broccoli, make sure to slice the vegetable into small pieces so it cooks quickly.
This recipe calls for about 3-4 Tbsp of the lo mein sauce. If you prefer to have a much stronger flavor, drizzle more sauce.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Vegetable Lo MeinPrint This
- Lo Mein Noodles 10 oz
- Mix Vegetables:
- Carrot 1/4 Cup
- Cabbage 2 Cups
- Snow Peas 5-7 Pieces
- Bean Sprouts 1/2 Cup
- Bamboo Shoots 1/4 Cup
- Lo Mein Sauce (Use about 3-4 Tbsp of this sauce for this recipe. Add more if you want more flavor.)
- Light Soy Sauce 1.5 Tbsp
- Sugar 1.5 Tbsp
- Dark Soy Sauce 1 Tsp
- Oyster Sauce 1.5 Tbsp
- Cooking Wine 1 Tsp
- White Pepper 1/8 Tsp
- Garlic 1 Tsp
- Ginger 1 Tsp
- Green Onion 1 Tbsp
- Boil water in a pot. Add precooked lo mein noodles to boiling water for about a minute to loosen noodles. (If you are using uncooked noodles, you will need to boil much longer to cook the noodles.) Set aside and drain excess water.
- In a hot pan, add 1 tbsp of oil. Add mixed vegetables and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add lo mein noodles and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Pour 3-4 Tbsp of lo mein sauce and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tsp of sesame oil for added flavor. (Optional)