With a new year comes new, healthy recipes and we have this vegan recipe today, as we are going to show you how to make Tofu and Mushroom Sisig! Check out the Tofu and Mushroom Sisig recipe below!
With most of us trying to watch our calories in a new year, this recipe will make you feel guilt-free while eating it! Instead of the meat in this dish, it has been replaced by tofu and mushrooms. All of the flavor of the dish is still there, but with less guilt.
Check out the Tofu and Mushroom Sisig recipe here!
- 2 packs Soft Chinese tofu, fried and cut into cubes
- 2 cans Mushrooms, a combination of any of the following: button, straw, or shiitake
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsps Chopped scallions
- ⅔ cup Water
- 3 Tbsps Oyster sauce
- ½ Tbsp Beef or chicken powder
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Warm some oil in a pan and fry the soft tofu on all sides, giving it a light golden brown crust on the side.
- Once fried, set the tofu aside to cool and then cut it into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Now drain the mushrooms and then cut into quarters.
- Then place the mushrooms in a bowl and mix in the tofu.
- Using a saucepan, mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and cook over low heat. Whisk this mixture constantly to prevent lumps.
- Once the sauce is thickened, pout it into the bowl with the tofu and mushrooms.
- Now put a little oil onto a hot plate and turn it on high heat.
- When the hot plate is smoking, add the tofu-mushroom mixture.
- Top the dish with onions and chopped scallions and serve immediately.
Source: A Pinoy Appetite