This is one of my favorite dish to cook when I have family and friends coming over. It is quick to prepare and delicious.
The recipe calls for basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Aside from making and frying the meatballs, the actual cooking of all the ingredients only takes a few minutes.
For those of you who want to skip making meatballs, you can use meatballs you can buy at the store. I prefer making the meatballs manually as I like to fry them fresh and unfrozen.
As far as the sweet and sour sauce, making the sauce is simple. The sauce is what brings the recipe alive and so flavorful.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Sweet And Sour MeatballsPrint This
- Ground Pork 1 Pound
- Bell Pepper 1 Cup
- Carrot 1/2 Cup
- Pineapple Chunks 1 Cup
- Bread Crumbs 1/2 Cup
- Minced Onion 1/2 Cup
- Quartered Onion 1 Piece
- Egg 1 Piece
- Garlic 1 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar 1/2 Cup
- Vinegar 1/3 Cup
- Tomato Sauce 3 Tbsp
- Water 1 Cup
- Cornstarch Mixture 1 tbsp cornstarch/3 tbsp water
- Salt 1 Tbsp
- Pepper 1/2 Tsp
- Combine ground pork, egg, minced onion, and breadcrumbs. Mix well and roll up into balls.
- In a medium heat pan, fry meatballs until it turns golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute garlic, quartered onion, and bell pepper for a few minutes.
- Add carrot and pineapple chunks. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add tomato ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and water. Stir and let it boil.
- Pour cornstarch mixture and stir sauce until it thickens.
- Add cooked meatballs and stir until meatballs are well covered with sauce.