We the popularity of the Insta Pot, it seems like more and more people are wanting to use pressure cooker and slow cooker to make their meals. That’s why this sweet and sour pork recipe is such an awesome recipe for today. Bring out your slow cooker and let the meat cook!
With slow cookers, it allows you to put all the ingredients in there, head to work and have a meal ready for you when you get home. Now that sounds pretty awesome, right? We would not be complaining, so check out the sweet and sour pork recipe right here!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- For this recipe, you will want to use a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
- To begin, mix together the first 10 ingredients.
- From there, stir in the pork, onion, green pepper and pineapple.
- Now cover the slow cooker and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the pork is tender.
- When the pork is tender, you will want to mix cornstarch and broth in a small bowl until smooth.
- Then gradually stir this into the cooking juices and let it cook, while covered, on low for another 15-20 minutes longer or until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with the rice.