If you are tight on money, this Spicy Monggo with Tinapa recipe is the answer for you! It is not only budget friendly, but serves up to six people. Check out the Spicy Monggo with Tinapa recipe below!
Like the title says, this is a spicy recipe. The ingredients will make for a bit on your tongue, but it will be worth it. If you don’t know, monggo with fish is always a good combination. That’s why this recipe works, but that spice adds even more to it.
Check out the Spicy Monggo with Tinapa recipe here!
- 3/4 cup tinapa flakes
- 14 ounces monggo
- 1 Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 1 1/2 cups ampalaya leaves
- 2 medium tomato cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8 pieces Thai chili
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 8 to 10 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a pot, heat the oil.
- Now saute the garlic, onion and tomato until they are soft.
- Then add in the tinapa flakes and stir. Cook this for one minute.
- Now add in the Thai chili and monggo and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the water and let it boil.
- Then add in the Knorr Shrimp Cube and cover the pot.
- Let this cook over medium heat until the monggo becomes soft. If needed, add more water.
- Add in the ampalaya leaves, fish sauce and ground black pepper and stir.
- Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice.