Admit it, there have been many times in your life that you overestimated in the amount of steamed rice you would need for dinner. We’ve all had those days where we have a ton of leftovers of rice, but no clue what to do with it. That is where this Sinangag Filipino recipe comes into play, as it is the perfect dish for that day-old steamed rice!
Sinangag Filipino is a fried rice that includes garlic, meat and vegetables with some seasoning. This is one of those dishes where you can substitute ingredients and it would still taste delicious. We are going to use ham and shrimp in our recipe, but you could always use corned beef, bacon, tocino or even fried fish. Also, feel free to substitute in some other vegetables, like onion, potatoes or green peas.
Check out the Dinangag Filipino recipe below!
- 4 cups of day old steamed rice; cold and well preserved
- 1/4 cup shrimps; shelled
- 1/4 cup ham; chopped
- 6 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 well beaten eggs; fried and sliced in pieces
- Cooking oil (olive oil preferred)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon stems of scallions; chopped
- In a pan, sauté the garlic.
- When browned, add in the ham, shrimp and some salt to taste.
- On high heat, now add in the rice and mix it well for five minutes with the other ingredients.
- Now add in the eggs and scallions.
- Continue mixing until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- You can season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Remove from the fire and it’s ready to serve.