This crispy fried chicken dish is super simple and only needing a few ingredients. I’ve done other fried chicken dish before but this recipe is quick and easy to make.
I used chicken leg quarters for this recipe. However, you can use drumsticks, thighs, wings, breasts, or whole chicken to cook this dish.
Deep frying time will vary depending on the size of the chicken. Chicken is done when color turns golden brown.
Since the coating is just plain cornstarch, this recipe is meant to pair the fried chicken with a dipping sauce for flavor. If you prefer to have more flavor on your chicken, just add some salt, pepper, and garlic powder mixed with the cornstarch.
Serve with hot rice and your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Simple Crispy ChickenPrint This
- Chicken Leg Quarters 2 Pieces
- Green Onions 3 Pieces
- Salt 1 Tbsp
- Cooking Wine 1 Tbsp
- Ginger 1 Slice
- Beaten Egg 1 Piece
- Cornstarch 1 Cup
- In a pot, pour 8-10 cups of water. Let it boil.
- Add green onions, salt, cooking wine, ginger, and chicken. Boil for 20 minutes.
- Take out chicken and drain excess water.
- Brush chicken with beaten egg yolk.
- In a zip lock bag, add cornstarch and chicken. Shake bag until chicken is well covered with cornstarch.
- Deep fry chicken at 350F. Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.