If you are cooking Chinese food, I feel shrimp wontons are a must-have dish. Well, learn how to make the must-have dish right here! Check out the shrimp wontons recipe below!
This is a very easy recipe and it even comes with a ginger vinegar sauce, which just brings the wontons even more flavor. Of course, you could substitute the shrimp for another protein, but the shrimp works best in our books. You can deep fry the wontons too, but we are keeping it more fresh with this recipe.
Find out the details below in the shrimp wontons recipe!
- 3/4 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 sprigs coriander, leaves only, minced)
- 2 water chestnuts, peeled and finely chopped, optional
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- 1/2 beaten egg, for sealing wontons
- Ginger Vinegar Sauce
- 2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- Begin by coarsely chopping the shrimp into pieces (not too small).
- Mix the shrimp together very well with the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
- In a pot, get the water boiling.
- Grab the wonton skins and fill each skin with one heaping teaspoon of the filling and seal the wonton skin with the beaten egg.
- With the water boiling, place the wontons in the pot and cook until they float to the top. You can also steam the shrimp wontons, which would take about 6-8 minutes.
- For the sauce, mix all of the ingredients together and set aside.
- Serve the wontons hot with the dipping sauce.