Are you looking to spice up your stir-fry recipe? This sesame ginger beef recipe is the perfect answer for you, as it will add some flavor to that boring stir-fry dish you have been making!
I mean, sesame and ginger was enough to win us over, but the flavors in this beef will be to die for. You won’t be disappointed and it will add that much needed flavor to a dish that may get boring at times!
Check out the sesame ginger beef recipe below!
- 1 lb. skirt steak, thinly sliced into 1/4" strips
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. plus 1 tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3" piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, place the beef and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and then toss with cornstarch until it is well coated and set aside.
- Drizzle one teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Now cook the green beans for one minute.
- Then add in 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid to steam, about 1 minute more.
- Place the green beans onto a place and throw out any excess water.
- Place the skillet back on high heat and add the remaining teaspoon of oil.
- When the oil is almost ready to start smoking, add in the beef.
- Then stir-fry until the beef is almost cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and then add in the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
- Now stir quickly to coat the beef.
- Then add the green beans back into the skillet and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.