This classic roast chicken is a simple recipe with more flavor adding tomato sauce as a marinade. Only a few ingredients needed to cook up this delicious meal.
I chose to use chicken drumsticks for this recipe since I was craving for drumsticks and also just enough for 2 people. However, you can use a whole chicken, chicken thighs or leg quarters. You will have to adjust your cooking time if you are roasting bigger pieces.
I marinated the chicken with just 5 simple ingredients which you probably already have in your kitchen pantry. I let it marinate for an hour but the longer the better. If you can leave it marinated overnight would be preferable.
The baking time took me about 1 hour but this will vary depending on your stove and size of your chicken.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Roast Chicken In Tomato MarinadePrint This
- Chicken 4 Drumstick Pieces
- Tomato Sauce 1 Cup
- Worcestershire Sauce 2 1/4 Tbsp
- Black Pepper 1/4 Tsp
- Salt 1/2 Tsp
- Parsley 2 1/4 Tbsp
- In a bowl, combine marinate ingredients (tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, parsley).
- Add chicken drumsticks and marinate for 1 hour.
- After marinating, place chicken in a baking pan. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
- Take out chicken and brush melted butter.
- Put back chicken into the oven and bake for another 30 minutes.