We are bringing you a classic Filipino recipe tonight, as this pork with mung beans recipe is ready for everyone to enjoy. This recipe is simple to prepare, but can take some time to cook because of the mung beans. However, it does only require a few ingredients to make.
Like I said, this pork with mung beans recipe does take a while to cook. We soaked the mung beans in water for about 6 hours to soften the beans. Doing this will help cut down on the amount of time needed to cook the mung beans. This step can be skipped, but it will mean more boiling time for the beans. We highly recommend soaking the mung beans for at least an hour, if possible.
For this pork with mung beans recipe, much of the cooking time is boiling the mung beans. Once the beans are cooked, the rest of the cooking and recipe will only take about 10 minutes to cook.
This dish can be served with hot rice or as an individual dish. Check out the recipe and watch the video below!
- Pork 1/2 Pound
- Mung Beans 1 Cup
- Spinach 1 Cup
- Onion 1 Medium
- Garlic 1 Tsp
- Tomato 1 Piece
- Fish Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper 1/8 Tsp
- Water 4 Cups
- In a pot, pour 1 cup of the mung beans into 4 cups of water.
- Boil the beans for 30 minutes, or until mung beans are soft and cooked. Once cooked, set the beans aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Satue the diced garlic, onion and tomato for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cubed pork and stiry fry for 3 minutes.
- Now add the pepper, salt and fish sauce. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the cooked mung beans.
- Stir and let it boil for 1-2 minutes.
- For the final step, add in the spinach and serve.