This pork with mung beans recipe is a classic Filipino dish. It is simple to prepare and only requires a few ingredients.
I soaked the mung beans in water for about 6 hours to soften the beans. This will drastically reduce the time to cook the mung means. You can skip this step, however, you will likely be boiling the beans much longer. I highly recommend you soak the mung beans for at least an hour.
Much of the cooking time is boiling the mung beans. Once you have the beans cooked, the actual sauteing and combining of all the ingredients only takes about 10 minutes.
You can serve this with hot rice or as an individual dish.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Pork With Mung BeansPrint This
- Pork 1/2 Pound
- Mung Beans 1 Cup
- Spinach 1 Cup
- Onion 1 Medium
- Garlic 1 Tsp
- Tomato 1 Piece
- Fish Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper 1/8 Tsp
- Water 4 Cups
- In a pot, pour 4 cups of water and 1 cup of mung beans. Boil for 30 or until mung beans are soft and cooked. Once cooked, set aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil. Saute diced garlic, onion, and tomato for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cubed pork and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, pepper, and salt. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked mung beans. Stir and let it boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach.