Pineapple chicken or what Filipino locals call it Pininyahang Manok is a delicious dish and easy to cook.
This classic Filipino dish can be cooked in just 30 minutes. Tender chicken stewed with pineapple chunks and juice along with a mix of vegetables makes this dish.
One thing I want to mention is I added fresh milk to this dish. However, if you prefer to use coconut milk you may do so.
Pininyahang Manok (Pineapple Chicken Stew)Print This
- Chicken 2 Pounds
- Pineapple Chunks 12 Ounce
- Tomato 1 Piece
- Bell Pepper 1 Cup
- Carrot 1 Piece
- Onion 1 Piece
- Garlic 2 Tbsp
- Fresh Milk or Coconut Milk 1/2 Cup
- Fish Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- Open a can of pineapple chunks and pour out just the juice into a bowl. Set the chunks aside.
- Mix the chicken with the juice and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a hot pan, add oil and saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add the marinated chicken and let it simmer for a few minutes until the chicken turns white.
- Pour the leftover pineapple juice from the marinade and milk. Let it boil.
- Add the pineapple chunks. Let it simmer until sauce reduces half way.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, and fish sauce. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
Just enter your email below.