Pineapple chicken or what Filipino locals call it Pininyahang Manok is a delicious chicken recipe dish. In fact, this is one my favorite chicken stew dishes that I love to cook.
This classic Filipino dish can be cooked in just 30 minutes. Tender chicken stewed with pineapple chunks and juice along with a mix of vegetables makes this dish so flavorful.
You can also cook this with a pressure cooker cutting the cooking time to just 15 minutes. You’ll also get a super tender chicken when cooking using a pressure cooker.
One thing I want to mention is I added fresh milk to this dish. However, if you prefer to use coconut milk you may do so.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Pininyahang Manok (Pineapple Chicken Stew)Print This
- Chicken 2 Pounds
- Pineapple Chunks 12 Ounce
- Tomato 1 Piece
- Bell Pepper 1 Cup
- Carrot 1 Piece
- Onion 1 Piece
- Garlic 2 Tbsp
- Fresh Milk or Coconut Milk 1/2 Cup
- Fish Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- Open a can of pineapple chunks and pour out just the juice into a bowl. Set the chunks aside.
- Mix the chicken with the juice and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a hot pan, add oil and saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add the marinated chicken and let it simmer for a few minutes until the chicken turns white.
- Pour the leftover pineapple juice from the marinade and milk. Let it boil.
- Add the pineapple chunks. Let it simmer until sauce reduces half way.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, and fish sauce. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.