We have a sweet and amazing recipe for you today, as we are going to be cooking up some pineapple shrimp stir-fry! Yes, when we think of food, there is nothing that doesn’t sound better when pineapple is added to it. This one is a guarantee winner, so try out the pineapple shrimp stir-fry recipe below!
As you will see in this recipe, it calls for toasted coconut. If you aren’t sure how to toast coconut, all you need to do is bake in a shallow pan at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or you can cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown. This is a simple task and toasted coconut makes everything better too!
Check out the pineapple shrimp stir-fry recipe here!
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame or canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- Begin by draining the pineapple and reserving the juice.
- Now in a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, broth, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce and the reserved pineapple juice until smooth.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add in the peppers and onions and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or just until crisp-tender.
- Now add in the shrimp and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- Once pink, remove from the pan.
- Now place the pineapple into the skillet.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for about 4-5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Then add the shrimp mixture back into the pan and heat through, as you are stirring to combine.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the coconut and serve with rice.