If you are looking for an easy recipe to make for your family, then this pinakbet recipe is perfect for you and perfect for dinner. Your kids will love it and give them a ton of vegetables at the same time.
This pinakbet recipe contains both pork and prawns, which is an added bonus. The steps to this recipe are so easy, you can actually make the entire dish in just one pot! How often does that happen?
Check out the pinakbet recipe below!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound pork loin, chopped
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined prawns
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 pound zucchini, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 pound fresh okra, ends trimmed
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 pound eggplant, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small bitter melon, cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pork and cook until completely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now add in the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the pink turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- Now add in the tomato and cover the pot and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini, okra, green beans, eggplant and bitter melon.
- Cover and let cook until the vegetables are all soft to the touch, about 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot.