This pancit bihon recipe does take longer to make than most of the recipes we have been sharing lately. However, this recipe will not disappoint and will be worth all the cooking time.
Pancit bihon is a traditional dish in the Philippines made with rice noodles. Of course, you can add any type of protein into this dish and it would still work out. However, we are going to add some chicken and prawns to spice it up.
With this dish, it is something we would always have at holidays. It is also a dish that can be served for lunch or bring the leftovers to work!
Check out the pancit bihon recipe below!
Pancit Bihon RecipePrint This
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic (3 minced, 3 thinly sliced)
- 1 (2 1⁄2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. mushroom powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄8 tsp. chile flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lb. boneless, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄4 oz. snow peas, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 small green cabbage, shredded
- 8 oz. canton noodles
- 16 oz. rice noodles
- 6 head-on prawns
- 3 scallions, whites only, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving