You can always make a new dish out of a classic by just adding a little twist to the recipe. That is what we are doing today, as we bring you this Orange Ginger Chicken recipe. Yes, a twist on such a classic Chinese takeout dish!
I mean, who doesn’t love adding some ginger to a dish. That’s what we got today, as this Orange Chicken recipe is mixed up a little bit. The end result will not disappoint though. Check out the Orange Ginger Chicken recipe here!
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnishes: thinly sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- To start, place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Now season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the bag, a few pieces at a time.
- Shake the chicken to coat.
- Using a large skillet, cook the chicken in batches over medium heat in the oil. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and then remove from pan and keep warm.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the same skillet.
- Bring this to a boil, as you stir to loosen the browned bits from the pan.
- Cook and stir mixture until thickened.
- Now return the chicken to the pan and heat it through.
- Top with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.