Onion rings is one of my favorite snack or appetizer. In fact, I prefer eating these over fries.
They are quick and easy to make and can be prepared and ready to eat in just 15 minutes.
The sweet onion covered in crunchy and delicious coating makes this dish perfect for snacking while watching sports or entertaining guests.
Keep in mind to only deep fry for a few minutes just enough to turn the batter into a golden brown color. It doesn’t take much to cook onions. Frying it too long will quickly burn the batter.
Best to serve and eat while hot.
Onion RingsPrint This
- Yellow Onion 1 Piece
- Panko Breadcrumbs 1 Cup
- Egg 1 Piece
- Flour 1 1/4 Cup
- Baking Powder 1 Tsp
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Milk 1 Cup
- Ground Black Pepper 1/4 Tsp
- Cut large onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- Break up slices into rings.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, milk, and beaten egg. Mix well until it turns into a batter.
- Dip onion rings into the batter.
- In a bag, pour in panko breadcrumbs. Add onion rings in the bag and shake until onion rings are coated with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry onion rings for about 2-3 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot.