This mongolian chicken recipe is easy and quick to prepare. This is one of my go to recipes when I’m crunch for time and don’t feel like preparing and chopping a lot of ingredients.
The combination of hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and chili paste makes this sauce unique and super delicious. You can increase or decrease the amount of chili paste that you put in depending on your preference. A teaspoon of chili paste will just give it a little bit of a kick of spice without being too hot.
I always like to marinate the meat before stir frying to flavor and tenderize the chicken. You don’t have to do this but this extra step will make the chicken moist and tender. All it takes is just a few ingredients mixed with the chicken and marinated for only about 10 minutes.
As for veggies, you’ll only need to chop onions and green onions. The actual cooking and stir frying of all ingredients only takes about 5 minutes. So it is important that you have your pan or wok in high heat for quick stir frying.
That is it for this mongolian chicken recipe! Simple but delicious. Serve with hot rice.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Mongolian ChickenPrint This
- Chicken Breast 1 Pound
- Onion 1 Piece
- Green Onion 1 Cup
- Salt 1/4 Tsp
- Garlic Powder 1/8 Tsp
- Cornstarch 1 Tbsp
- Water 2 Tbsp
- White Pepper 1/8 Tsp
- Garlic 1 Tsp
- Ginger 1 Tsp
- Rice Vinegar 1 Tbsp
- Hoisin Sauce 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Chili Paste 1 Tsp
- Sugar 1 Tsp
- Soy Sauce 1 Tsp
- Cut chicken breast into thin slices.
- Combine marinate ingredients(salt, white pepper, garlic powder, water, cornstarch). Add chicken and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a hot pan, stir fry chicken for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Using the same heated pan, add garlic, ginger, onion, and green onion. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and sauce ingredients (garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, chili paste, sugar, soy sauce). Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Serve with hot rice.