Maja Blanca is one of my favorite Filipino desserts. The sweet coconut pudding along with a bit of crunchy toasted peanuts on top makes this a unique and delicious dessert.
This is an easy dessert to prepare and only require a few ingredients.
I added quite a bit of sweet corn into the mixture. This is optional. If you prefer not to put as much sweet corn or none at all, you can do so. I believe adding sweet corn adds texture and more flavor.
The toasted peanuts is also optional. If you prefer something else, you can garnish it with toasted coconut.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Maja BlancaPrint This
- Coconut Milk 4 Cups
- Cornstarch 3/4 Cup
- Condensed Milk 14 Ounces
- Fresh Milk 3/4 Cup
- Sugar 3/4 Cup
- Sweet Corn 15 Ounces
- Toasted Peanuts 5 Tbsp
- Pour coconut milk in a pot and boil.
- Add sugar, condensed milk, and sweet corn. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until cornstarch is diluted.
- Pour cornstarch/milk mixture slowly in the pot and stir.
- Keep stirring until desired thickness.
- Once ready, pour the mixture into a tray.
- Flatten the top so it is nice and even.
- Sprinkle toasted peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.