Who knew you could have pasta for your breakfast? Yeah, it’s a possibility and looks and tastes even better, as we are bringing you this Longganisa and Salted Egg Pasta recipe today!
This is a great dish for breakfast, as it adds the longganisa sausage with a salted egg. Those combine to be topped over pasta and it sounds like a winner to me! They are pulled together using a flavorful sauce, but you can add to it by cooking up a fried egg and mixing that yolk into the sauce. I mean, it sounds like a winner!
Check out the Longganisa and Salted Egg Pasta recipe right here!
- 6-8 Vigan longganisa
- 2 Tbsps Water
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 tsp Cane vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- ¼ kilo Spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions,
- reserve pasta water
- ½ cup Reserved pasta water
- 2 Salted eggs, roughly chopped
- Add water to a saute pan over medium heat and then add in the longganisa and cover to steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Then remove the cover and continue to cook the longganisa until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Now add in the olive oil and prick each longganisa with a fork, which will let the fat ooze out.
- Break up the longganisa using a fork or knife and continue cooking it until crisp.
- Once crisp, remove from the pan and set it aside.
- Using the same pan, saute the onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- Now add in the cooked longganisa and continue to saute.
- Then add in the vinegar and splash of the reserved pasta water and stir it to mix.
- Simmer this mixture for about 1-2 minutes to let all the flavors incorporate.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Now add in the cooked pasta and toss until it is mixed through.
- If the pasta is too dry, add in some pasta water to make it more juicy and adjust the seasoning.
- Now transfer the mixture to a serving plate and top with salted eggs.
Source: One Mega