This layered dessert is the ultimate Filipino treat. It’s called Halo-Halo and it happens to be the ultimate summertime treat. Check out the Halo-Halo recipe below.
Halo-Halo is a popular dessert in the Philippines. In Tagalog, Halo-Halo means “mix-mix,” which you’ll see when the recipe is shown. You are constantly mixing in more and more layers for the dessert, including an Ube ice cream layer. This will soon be your favorite dessert also. Check out the Halo-Halo recipe right here!
- sweet red bean (munggo)
- sweet white beans
- coconut gel (nata de coco)
- macapuno (gelatinous coconut string)
- Fresh or canned jackfruit, cut into chunks
- Shaved ice
- Evaporated milk
- Ube ice cream
- Using a serving glass, layer the sweet red beans, sweet white beans, cocnut gel, macapuno and jackfruit.
- Top all of those layers with shaved ice.
- Now drizzle about one tablespoon of evaporated milk over the shaved ice.
- Then top all of the layers with a scoop of the ube ice cream and serve immediately.