This ground pork with chayote recipe is a classic Filipino dish that can be cooked in under 15 minutes. All you need is a few ingredients to prepare this delicious dish.
You will need pork cube or pork bouillon to season this recipe. If you do not have this available, you can substitute it with pork broth.
I used about a 1/2 pound of ground pork for this recipe. Enough for 2 people. However, you can increase this to about 1 pound with the same amount of seasoning. You want to lightly toast the ground pork which should take about 5 minutes. This gives that extra crunch on the meat.
Lower the heat to medium when simmering and cooking the chayote. This should take about 5 minutes and enough time to evaporate most of the water.
Serve with hot rice! Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Ground Pork With Chayote (Pork and Sayote Guisado)Print This
- Ground Pork 1/2 Pound
- Chayote 1/2 Piece
- Water 1/2 Cup
- Onion 1/2 Piece
- Garlic 1 Tsp
- Pork Cube 1 Piece
- Soy Sauce 1 Tbsp
- Black Pepper 1/4 Tsp
- Heat pan and add 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Add garlic and onion. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add pork cube and dissolve.
- Add ground pork and stir fry for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Add water and chayote. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chayote is cooked.
- Add soy sauce and black pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.