We are getting closer and closer to summer, which makes all us wanting to eat more fresh and light food. That is why this green mango salad is the perfect dish to add to any meal as a side dish. Heck, you could even make it into an entire meal by adding in some protein, as it is that good!
The thing with this green mango salad recipe that might scare some people off will be the shrimp paste. It has a very strong and powerful flavor, so it pretty much is an acquired taste. If you don’t like it, you won’t like it. If that is the case, replace it and use the fish sauce instead. It will still add that unique flavor and make this dish one of your summer favorites.
Check out the green mango salad recipe below!
- 1 green mango (the unripest you can find), diced
- 4 - 6 cherry tomatoes (or any kind of tomato), halved or quartered or diced, depending on the size
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Parsley (optional), chopped finely
- Chives (optional), chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon or more shrimp paste (if not using fish sauce or colatura di alici)
- Colatura di alici or fish sauce (if not using shrimp paste)