When I have lots of white rice left over, I usually make this golden fried rice recipe. It is super delicious and easy to make.
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this dish. I’ve added shrimp with the rice. You can actually add any kind of meat you want. I chose shrimp because it is quick and easy to cook. However, if you have left over chicken or pork, they are just as good.
It is important that you mix the rice with beaten egg before cooking. This gives that golden color to the rice and prevent it from sticking to the pan.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Golden Fried RicePrint This
- Rice 2 Cups
- Shrimp 10 Pieces
- Egg White 1 Tbsp
- Cornstarch 1 Tbsp
- Beaten Egg 2 Pieces
- Onion 1/4 Cup
- Bell Pepper 1/4 Cup
- Soy Sauce 1 Tbsp
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- In bowl, mix rice and beaten egg until rice is fully covered.
- In a separate bowl, mix shrimp with egg whites and cornstarch.
- Heat up pan and add 2 tbsp oil. Stir fry shrimp for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Add rice into the heated pan. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion,bell pepper, soy sauce, and cooked shrimp. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a some salt and pepper. Stir fry for another minute.