You would think garlic fried rice would not be something to have for breakfast, right? That’s not the case here, as Filipinos love this dish for breakfast! Check out the garlic fried rice recipe below for the details!
So, why garlic fried rice for breakfast in the Philippines? That would be because there are often leftovers when it comes to rice. Instead of letting it go to waste and throwing them out, why not use it for the next meal? That’s where the garlic fried rice comes into play, also called Sinangag. It’s simple and easy and pairs well with a meat.
Check out the garlic fried rice recipe right here!
- 6 cups leftover white rice
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the rice and salt. Mix them together until well blended.
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- Now add in the garlic and cook until it is light to medium brown.
- Then put half of the rice into the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- After the minute, add in the remaining rice and continue to stir-fry for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to a serving plate and serve!