If you are throwing a party soon, then this Filipino style macaroni salad recipe is perfect for you! This is a must-have at any party, as the taste is amazing and it is so hearty, your guests will feel satisfied!
What makes this Filipino style macaroni salad so good? Well, it could be the combination of chicken, ham, cheese and crushed pineapple! That is just a start, but this will definitely be a crowd favorite!
Check out the Filipino style macaroni salad recipe here!
- 16 ounces uncooked medium elbow macaroni
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 cup Eden or Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by bringing about 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a pot over medium heat.
- Then add in the macaroni and cook for about 8 to 9 minutes or until firm to bite and then drain well.
- Using a pot, add in the chicken and enough water to cover. Bring that water to a boil.
- While boiling, skim the scum that floats on top. Once boiling, lower the heat, cover and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Now drain from the liquid. Allow the chicken to completely cool and then shred and set aside.
- Back to the pot, as you will bring water to a boil. Now add in the diced carrots and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove from the water and then plunge into an ice bath until completely cool. Now drain and set aside.
- Using a large bowl, combine the macaroni, chicken, carrots, ham, eggs, crushed pineapple including the packing juices, cheese sweet pickle relish, raisins, onions, mayonnaise and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir all of those ingredients together until evenly distributed.
- Now season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, refrigerate for about 1 hour to completely cool and allow all the flavors to meld.