If you have kids, you know it is always difficult to find a recipe that they will eat, let alone beg you to make for dinner. Well, this Filipino spaghetti recipe is every parent’s dream!
To be honest, this is sweet and sticky and saucy. Heck, you can even find this at McDonald’s! This is a great dish to serve at kids’ birthday parties, as well as a great dinner to make for the whole family. What makes this dish Filipino is the evaporated milk and hot dogs.
No one will be complaining about this one, so check out the Filipino spaghetti recipe below!
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb. Italian tomato sauce (the kind they used was called “Italian” but tasted sweet and was very smooth in texture)
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ cup minced carrots and red peppers
- 2 cups diced or thinly sliced hot dogs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning mix
- 7 ounces evaporated milk
- grated cheese for topping (they use a processed cheese similar to Velveeta)
- Cook the noodles and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or skillet, place the garlic, onion and oil.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Now add in the ground pork and brown the meat.
- Add in the minced vegetables and hot dog pieces. Stir to combine.
- Now add in the water and allow the mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce and tomato paste to the meat.
- Continue to simmer the mixture for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the evaporated milk and salt. Stir until incorporated.
- In a large potor mixing bowl, combine the noodles and sauce.
- Top with grated cheese and serve.