If you are looking for an easy Filipino recipe that has simple ingredients, then this Filipino Picadillo recipe is for you. The ingredients are basic, but the taste you will love.
Picadillo is a dish that contains ground beef, potatoes, tomatoes and carrots. If you want to mix it up, you can also ground pork, which depends on the country of origin for the recipe.
Check out the full Filipino Picadillo recipe below and enjoy!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-½ cup Diced Potato
- 1-½ cup Diced Carrots
- 2 teaspoons Mined Garlic
- ½ cups Diced Onions
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cups Tomato Sauce
- ¼ teaspoons Salt And Pepper, Or More To Taste
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Add in diced potatoes and carrots and fry until tender.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion and garlic.
- Add in the ground beef.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil.
- Add in the soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add in the fried vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.