This Filipino Macaroni Chicken Soup is a rich and creamy soup that is perfect for fall weather. Not only that, but when all is said and done, you will have a tasty chicken noodle soup. Check out the Filipino macaroni chicken soup recipe below!
To make it so rich and creamy, this recipe is going to make good use of both butter and evaporated milk. Those are the two things that make a rich and creamy chicken sopa, which is why this is a perfect recipe. The carrots, celery and onion are not only going to give this the chicken noodle soup feel, but it’s going to give us some amazing smells.
Check out the Filipino Macaroni Chicken Soup recipe right here!
- 1 lb. shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ small cabbage chopped
- ½ lb. small elbow macaroni
- 4 strips bacon chopped
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a heated cooking pot, put the sliced bacon.
- Cook the bacon until the oil is extracted.
- Now add in the butter and melt it.
- Add in the carrots, celery and onions and saute for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and continue to cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Now add in the cabbage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the elbow macaroni and recover the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the evaporated milk and stir. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
Source: Panlasang Pinoy