Want a finger-licking good recipe? Well, you came to the right spot, as this Filipino BBQ Chicken recipe will have you doing just that! Check out the Filipino BBQ Chicken recipe below!
When you think about it, who doesn’t love some good barbecue? If you know someone that doesn’t, you may want to question your relationship with that person. This is such a good barbecue recipe, you will be wanting to make it every week for dinner!
Check out the Filipino BBQ Chicken recipe here!
- For the BBQ:
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into wide strips
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup lemon lime soda
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the pickled relish:
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced or minced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 habanero, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Salt to taste
- Steamed rice for serving
- To start, combine all of the BBQ ingredients into a large bowl. You are going to want to allow the chicken to marinate for at least one hour, but overnight would give it more flavor.
- While that marinates, make the pickled relish. Mix together the vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Then thoroughly mix in the rest of the relish ingredients.
- Now soak the wooden skewers in water for at least one hour, which helps prevent them from catching fire while on the grill later.
- Once they are soaked, you are going to want to skewer the marinated chicken.
- Now grill the chicken on medium-high heat, as you turn them occasionally to char them equally on all sides.
- Once cooked, serve the Filipino BBQ chicken with steamed white rice and the pickled relish.