Egg rolls are a Chinese classic appetizer, but PinoyWay is giving you a healthier version of the classic with these egg roll bowls! You won’t be disappointed though, as some healthier versions can lose the taste, but not this egg roll bowls recipe!
This will be your go-to recipe from now on, as it is a healthy way to enjoy an egg roll. Sure, we all love that fried-goodness, but why not enjoy it without the guilt. You won’t have the actual roll or grease in this recipe and it is low carb, for those watching their carbs. Check out the egg roll bowls recipe below!
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded carrot
- 1/4 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Then add in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Now add in the pork and cook until no pink remains.
- Push the pork to the side and add in sesame oil.
- Then add in the onion, shredded carrots and cabbage. Stir to combine with the pork.
- Now add in the soy sauce and sriracha and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Once tender, it’s ready to serve, as you will garnish it with green onions and sesame seeds.