Some people don’t like spicy foods, but we are definitely done for some hot flavors here at PinoyWay! That is why we are giving you a new recipe for dragon noodles, as it is packed with flavors and spices! Check out the dragon noodles recipe below!
Not only does this recipe feature cayenne to give it the kick we all love, but it also has some amazing lo mein noodles in it. I mean, how many of us out there don’t like some lo mein noodles? Besides that, it is packed with vegetables, so you can feel better about yourself by getting more of that vegetable count met on your daily goals!
Check out the dragon noodles recipe here!
- FOR THE NOODLES
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced scallions
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into half moons
- 12 oz. cooked lo mein noodles
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/3 c. low-sodium sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp. chili garlic sauce (or Sriracha)
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Then add in the chicken and season with garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cook until the chicken is golden, about 8 minutes. Then flip it over and season the other side and cook another 8 minutes.
- Once done, set the chicken aside to rest, about 10 minutes. Once rested, cut into cubes.
- In the large skillet, add in garlic and scallions and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Then add in the bell pepper, carrots and zucchini and cook until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Now time to make the sauce, which will have you whisking together the soy sauce, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, peanut butter and chicken broth in a bowl.
- Then add the cooked chicken into the skillet with the veggies and pour the sauce over it.
- Let this simmer for 2 minutes and then add in the cooked noodles and toss until sauce is evenly divided.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.