This crispy soy chicken recipe is delicious and quick to prepare. It is a straight forward recipe only needing a few ingredients you most likely already have in your kitchen.
The key step to this recipe is the boiling of the chicken with the marinade ingredients. The perfect combination of the ingredients gives the chicken a bit of saltiness from the soy sauce and some sweetness from the brown sugar. Just boil the chicken for 30 minutes under medium heat.
Let the chicken rest before deep frying. Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. You want to let excess liquid drip out of the chicken.
Deep frying the chicken shouldn’t take long as the chicken is already cooked. Deep fry until it turns crispy and skin turns brown color. This step should only take about 10 minutes. Serve with hot rice!
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Crispy Soy ChickenPrint This
- Chicken Leg Quarter 1 Piece
- Chicken Stock 2 Cups
- Light Soy Sauce 1/4 Cup
- Dark Soy Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Rice Wine 2 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar 2 Tbsp
- Garlic 1 Tbsp
- Ginger 1 Tbsp
- Black Pepper 1/4 Tsp
- In a pot, combine all marinade ingredients (chicken stock,light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, black pepper). Let it boil.
- Add chicken into the marinade and boil for 30 minutes under medium heat.
- Take out chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Deep fry chicken until color turns golden brown.