This crispy pork belly or lechon kawali is easy to prepare and so delicious that I you’ll be craving for more. I’ve done other pork belly recipes but this time I’m doing it the traditional deep frying way.
This recipe only involves a few ingredients. No need for lemon grass or other stuffing. In fact, I only used 1 cube of pork boullion and some chopped garlic to boil the pork meat for 1 hour. This is enough to give the meat a flavorful taste.
Since the meat has been boiled for an hour and fully cooked. You will only need to deep fry the pork belly for about 10 minutes. It is just enough time to brown and crisp the skin.
Serve with hot rice and your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Crispy Pork Belly | Lechon KawaliPrint This
- Pork Belly 1 Pound
- Pork Cube 1 Piece
- Garlic 1 Tbsp
- Salt 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar 1 Tbsp
- Water (Enough to cover the whole meat)
- In a pot, pour water and let it boil.
- Add pork belly, pork cube, and garlic. Let it boil for 1 hour or once skin is soft.
- Once the pork belly is cooked, use a fork to poke holes into the skin and then use a knife to make shallow slices on the skin about 1/4 inch apart.
- Mix salt and vinegar and apply onto the skin.
- Heat oil under medium heat. Add pork belly and cook for about 10 minutes or until skin is crispy.
How do I make the pork belly skin crispy?
Follow the recipe and I guarantee you that you’ll have a crunchy and crispy pork belly skin.
Can I roast it in the oven instead of deep frying?
Yes you can. It will take a longer to crisp the pork this way but you can definitely cook it this way.