I love corned beef. I used to buy corned beef (the chunky kind) and store a few cans in the pantry. I would quickly stir fry corned beef along with garlic and onions. Delicious meal for breakfast.
Recently, I learned how to make my own homemade corned beef. It is actually easy to make and I believe taste better than the canned version. No preservatives that normally comes in the canned corned beef so it is healthier.
The recipe consists of two steps: marinating the meat and the actual cooking.
During the marinating step, the recipe calls for pink salt. The pink salt keeps that reddish color of the meat. You can of course skip this ingredient. However, the meat will be brown instead of the typical reddish color meat.
You can stir fry this corned beef or eat it straight. I always stir fry my corned beef and add garlic and onions for added flavor and aroma. You can also cook this corned beef with an omelet.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Corned BeefPrint This
- Beef Brisket 1-2 Pounds
- Water 2 Cups
- Nutmeg 1 Tsp
- Garlic Powder 2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seed 1/2 Tsp
- Bay Leaves 2 Pieces (Crushed)
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Pepper 1 Tsp
- All Spice Berries 8 Pieces
- Water 1 Cup
- Salt 1 Tbsp
- Sugar 1 Tbsp
- Pink Salt 1 Tsp
- In a bowl, combine beef, salt, sugar, water, and pink salt. Marinate the beef for 48 hours.
- After marinating the beef, place beef in a pressure cooker.
- Add water, nutmeg, garlic powder, mustard seed, crushed bay leaves, salt, pepper, and all spice berries. Stir ingredients.
- Pressure cook meat for 1 hour.
- After pressure cooking, set beef on a plate and flake using a fork.
Just enter your email below.