Sometimes curry recipes can take some time to make. That is not the case for this Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe, as it is quick and easy! You’ll find that out with the Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe below!
Yes, curry can be considered spicy (depending on where you grew up), so this recipe may have a little kick to it to some people. However, those flavors will not let you down. It also won’t let you down on how quickly you’ll be able to put this dish together!
Check out the Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe here!
- One 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk (not low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Using a large pot, whisk together the coconut milk, lime juice, curry powder and ginger.
- Using low heat, bring this to a low boil.
- Simmer until it is slightly reduced and thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and add some salt and pepper, if needed.
- Now add in the shrimp and simmer, covered, until the shrimp are fully cooked, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once the shrimp is fully cooked, transfer the curry to a serving bowl and serve with lime wedges and rice, if desired.