Maybe it’s the holiday season, but I have had a major sweet tooth going on. Because of that, I have been sharing a lot of recipes for sweets, including this Chinese Almond Cookie recipe today!
With Christmas just one week away, this could be the perfect cookie to bake last minute and share with your loved ones. It is a simple and sweet cookie, so no one will be disappointed. I guess if they have a nut allergy, they won’t be too fond of these cookies, but everyone else will be loving the Chinese Almond Cookies.
Check out the Chinese Almond Cookie recipe right here!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Then beat in the egg and extract.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and then gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture.
- Now roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Once on the baking sheet, flatten out the ball using a fork and sprinkle the cookie with almond.
- Now beat the egg white and water in a small bowl and then brush over the cookies.
- Then bake the cookies at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until edges and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for 2 minutes before removing them from the pans to placing on wire racks.