We want to keep it traditional today, yet we are also wanting to keep it easy. That is why we are bringing you this Chicken Wontons recipe! You won’t be stressed when making these and who doesn’t love some deep-fried goodness?
Chicken Wontons are a great dish to make when hosting a party or even attending a party. They are super easy to make and you can make a lot of them without breaking the bank! You won’t want to miss out on this Chicken Wontons recipe we have shared below, so check it out!
- ¼ lb shrimp, chopped
- ½ lb ground chicken
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stalk scallion cut in rings
- A dash of fish sauce
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Dash of ground pepper
- 12 wonton wrappers
- For the dipping sauce:
- 3 TBS Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 TBS cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Pinch of sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together the shrimp, chicken, scallion, cornstarch.
- Now add in the salt, pepper, sesame oil and fish sauce.
- You can now wrap the wontons with the wrappers. You will want to place each wonton wrapper in the palm of your hand and put in about half a tablespoon of the filling in the middle.
- Now dip your finger in some water and trace around the edges of the wrapper for sealing purposes.
- Then fold the wrapper and pinch the edges and seal tightly.
- Before deep frying, mix together all the ingredients for the dipping sauce and set aside.
- Now in the heated oil, deep fry them until golden brown and serve.