When I’m short for time and looking for a quick meal to prepare, chicken stir fry dishes is one of my go to recipes.
This chicken with mushroom recipe is a similar dish to what you would find in Chinese restaurants. This is also called Moo Goo Gai Pan in Chinese buffet or restaurants. It is an easy recipe to cook and delicious!
I always like to marinate the meat for at least 10 to 15 minutes before cooking but you can actually skip this step. Marinating the meat ensures the meat is filled with flavor. The cornstarch in the marinade also helps seal the juices in the chicken keeping the meat tender and moist.
This dish is all about quick stir frying. Do not overcook the chicken or vegetables. By cutting the chicken into thin slices, this allows you to quickly cook the chicken in just a few minutes.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Chicken With MushroomsPrint This
- Chicken Breast 1 Pounds
- Mushroom 2 Cups
- Carrot 1 Oz
- Napa Cabbage 3 Oz
- Snow Peas 1 Oz
- Green Onion 1 Tbsp
- Garlic 1 Tsp
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock 1 Cup
- Shaoxing Cooking Wine 1 Tbsp
- Salt 3/4 Tbsp
- Sugar 1/2 Tsp
- White Pepper 1/8 Tsp
- Sesame Oil 1 Tsp (Optional)
- Salt 1/2 Tsp
- Pepper 1/8 Tsp
- Garlic Powder 1/4 Tsp
- Water 1/4 Cup
- Cornstarch 2 Tbsp
- Oil 1 Tbsp
- Cornstarch Mixture (1 Tbsp Cornstarch/2 Tbsp Water)
- Cut chicken breast into thin slices.
- Combine marinade ingredients (salt, pepper, garlic powder, water, cornstarch, oil). Add chicken and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add oil in a pan and stir fry chicken for 3-5 minutes or until 80% cook. Set aside.
- Stir fry mushrooms, napa cabbage, and carrots for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add snow peas and chicken. Stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt, cooking wine, sugar and white pepper. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Pour low sodium chicken stock and let it boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
- Add sesame oil for added flavor (Optional)
Just enter your email below.