There can be many different ways to make chicken teriyaki. However, this has to be one of the easiest recipes out there, as you will have chicken teriyaki in just 15 minutes!
This chicken teriyaki recipe will quickly become one of your go-to dishes, especially when you are tight on time. You can order Chinese for takeout, but this dish actually would take you less time then going to pick it up!
The sauce is amazing and the flavors are so good in this dish. To turn this dish into a 15-minute recipe, you will want to prep the sauce mixture while cooking the chicken. It is easy to make, so check out the chicken teriyaki recipe below!
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions, for serving (optional)
- In a 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add in the chicken and let it brown on the bottom, about 3-4 minutes and then flip it and continue to cook until the center registers at 160 degrees, which will be about 3 minutes longer.
- While the chicken is cooking, start working on the sauce. You will want to whisk together the soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cornstarch in a small mixing bowl.
- Once the chicken is 160 degrees, stir in the sauce and continue to cook. Toss the sauce until it has thickened, about 30-60 seconds longer.
- Serve warm garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. It may also be served over rice.