The key to making this Chicken Hamonado recipe a success is in the marinade! If you can marinate it for a while, do it, as it makes the chicken better! Check out the Chicken Hamonado recipe below.
The marinade consists of the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and chicken slices. Of course, the longer you leave the chicken in the marinade, the juicier and more flavorful the chicken will be. We all don’t have hours and hours of free time to let the marinade sit, so I understand if you cant.
Check out the Chicken Hamonado recipe here!
- 2 lbs. chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 can pineapple tidbits 20 oz.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple juice from the pineapple tidbits can and soy sauce and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and let it refrigerate overnight for a good marinade.
- Place a colander over a large bowl.
- Now pour the chicken mixture over the bowl and let it stay there for 10 minutes or until the marinade completely drips off the chicken and then set the marinade aside.
- In a cooking pot, heat the oil.
- Then pan-fry the chicken for about 2 to 3 minutes per side and then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the pan with the remaining oil until the onion softens.
- Once soft, add in the chicken pieces and pour in the marinade and let that boil.
- Cover the pan and cook it on low heat for about 30 to 35 minutes (add water as needed).
- After that, add in sugar and the pineapple tidbits and stir.
- Cover again and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and you are ready to serve!
Source: Panlasang Pinoy