I’ve cooked this dish using a pressure cooker as I always do on most of the Filipino stews or soup recipes. I just love the extra tender meat that the pressure cooker gives you. However, you can easily cook this recipe in a regular pot. Ingredients remain the same, you will just have add another 15-20 minutes of cooking time.
You’ll also notice that I sauteed the chicken with onions and garlic before pressure cooking. This step is actually optional, however, I highly recommend you do this extra step. I just find the chicken taste better when you saute it.
Chicken AfritadaPrint This
- Chicken 1-2 Pounds
- Potato 1 Piece
- Carrot 1 Piece
- Bell Pepper 1/2 Piece
- Green Peas 1 Cup
- Tomato Sauce 8 Ounces
- Water or Chicken Stock 1 1/4 Cup
- Onions 1 Piece
- Garlic 4 Cloves
- Dried Bay Leaves 2 Pieces
- Ground Black Pepper 1/4 Tsp
- Salt 1/4 Tsp
- Sugar 1 Tsp
- Oil 4 Tbsp
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Cube potato, carrots, and red bell pepper.
- Heat oil and saute garlic, onions, and chicken.
- Add tomato sauce, water, dried bay leaves, salt, pepper, and sugar. Mix ingredients.
- Pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Add potato, carrots, red bell pepper, and green peas. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.