If you are looking to entertain and have a dessert everyone will love, this cassava cake recipe is the perfect thing to try out! Not only is it easy to make, but the recipe calls for only five ingredients! You can’t beat that, right?
This Filipino dessert is best served cold, but all cake is cold. You can switch things up with this recipe, depending on how dense you want the cake. The more grated cassava you add, the thicker the cake will be. The less you add, the fluffier the cake will be. This is all your preference, so it may take some experimenting to determine the exact combination for your perfect cake.
Check out the cassava cake recipe below and enjoy!
- 2 cups grated, peeled yucca
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir together the yucca, eggs, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk.
- Stir this until thoroughly combined and then pour into a baking dish.
- Bake in oven for one hour.
- Turn on the oven’s broiler and bake under the broiler until the top of the cake is browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool the cake completely in refrigerator before serving.