This cashew chicken with ginger recipe is not only packed with some amazing flavors, but it is also an easy recipe anyone could follow! Check out the cashew chicken recipe below and start enjoying this dish tonight!
We will admit, there are plenty of cashew chicken recipes out there for people to enjoy. They each have a reason to enjoy them, but this is, by far, one of our favorites. Not only does the fresh ginger give it an amazing flavor, but then add in the crunch of the cashews and you have a big time winner here! I mean, who doesn’t love cashews?
Check out the full cashew chicken with ginger recipe below!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- To start, mix the first four ingredients together until smooth.
- Then heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Now stir fry the chicken until it’s no longer pink and then remove from pan.
- In that same pan, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Then stir fry the mushrooms, pepper, water chestnuts and ginger until the pepper is crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Now stir in the broth mixture and add it to the pan with green onions.
- Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Now cook and stir until the sauce is thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Once the sauce is thick, stir in the chicken and cashews and heat through.
- Serve with rice.