If you are looking for tender beef, this Bistek Tagalog recipe is the perfect dish for you. It is delicious and easy to make, as you can use your pressure cooker and it’ll be done before you know it.
For this Bistek Tagalog recipe, it only requires a few ingredients and most of you will have those ingredients in your pantry, which makes this recipe even better. With that being said, you can make this flavorful beef dish in just 25 minutes.
Of course, you do not have to use a pressure cooker to make this dish. However, you will be adding a ton of time by not using one. All of the ingredients would be the same, but you would have to cook the meat an hour or more to make the beef as tender.
So, you are comparing 25 minutes to over 60 minutes. Regardless of the way you make it, the beef will still taste amazing. Serve this with hot rice.
- Beef 1 Pound
- Soy Sauce 1/4 Cup
- Onion 1 Piece
- Garlic 3 Cloves
- Ground Black Pepper 1/2 Tsp
- Lemon 1 Piece
- Oil 3 Tbsp
- Water 1 Cup
- In a bowl, mix the beef, soy sauce, lemon and ground black pepper.
- Let that marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In the pressure cooker pot, pour in the marinated beef and water.
- Pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- Take out the beef and set it aside.
- Simmer and reduce sauce.
- Once the sauce reduces and thickens, add in the oil and garlic.
- Add the beef back in and cook with the sauce until it turns light brown.
- Add in the onion rings and cook for 1 minute.