Beef with broccoli is one of my favorite dish to cook or eat at the Chinese buffet. The tender beef cooked in delicious brown sauce combined with broccoli makes this dish so flavorful.
Not only is it delicious but it is very simple to cook. Aside from the marinating of the beef, the actual cooking only takes about 10 minutes.
Many of the ingredients involved in this recipe you probably already have in your kitchen except for maybe rice wine and oyster sauce. You can get these at your local Asian market.
I used sirloin beef for this recipe. Make sure you cut the beef thin and against the grain so it is nice and tender.
This dish is all about quick cooking. Blanch the broccoli for only about 1 minute to keep that crunchy texture of the broccoli. Moreover, stir fry the beef for roughly 2 minutes (1 minute on each side). You just want to cook the beef until it turns light brown keeping the meat tender and juicy. Cooking the meat longer than this will overcook the beef and tough to chew.
Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Beef With BroccoliPrint This
- Beef Sirloin 1 Pound
- Broccoli 2 Cups
- Garlic 1 Tbsp
- Cornstarch Mixture (1 Tbsp cornstarch, 1 Tbsp Water)
- Water for blanching 3 Cups
- Rice Wine 2 Tsp
- Soy Sauce 2 Tsp
- Cornstarch 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper 1/4 Tsp
- Rice Wine 1 Tsp
- Soy Sauce 1 Tbsp
- Oyster Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Beef Broth 1/2 Cup
- Thinly slice beef across the grain.
- Combine beef with rice wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, and black pepper. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare sauce by combining oyster sauce, rice wine, soy sauce, and beef broth.
- In a pot, boil water and blanch broccoli for 1 minute. Take out broccoli out of the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan and stir fry beef. Cook beef for roughly 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for another 1 minute.
- Pour sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and mix with sauce. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir sauce until it thickens.