If you are looking for a new go-to meal, this Beef and Spinach Lo Mein dish will be your new favorite. Not only is it easy to make, but it pops a lot of flavor and will leave you wanting more. Check out the Beef and Spinach Lo Mein recipe below!
If you like a good stir-fry, then this dish will definitely be one of your new favorites. Since this recipe contains hot peppers, be careful when cutting them. Make sure you are wearing disposable gloves when cutting them, as the oils can burn your skin and make sure to avoid touching your face when cutting!
Check out the Beef and Spinach Lo Mein recipe here!
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Mix the first six ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add 1/4 cup of the mixture with the beef and toss to coat.
- Now marinate this at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Then cook the spaghetti to package directions.
- While cooking the spaghetti, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the canola oil in a large skillet.
- Once heated, add in half of the beef mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until no longer pink and then remove from pan.
- Now repeat those steps with an additional 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil and the rest of the beef mixture.
- Using the rest of the canola oil, stir-fry the water chestnuts and green onions for 30 seconds.
- Then stir in the spinach and remaining hoisin mixture and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Now add the beef to the pan and heat through.
- Drain the spaghetti and add into the beef mixture and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with the chili pepper and serve.