Spring weather in full swing and summer coming in just a few weeks, it is BBQ grilling time. I’ve posted other BBQ recipes before but this time I will be grilling chicken wings!
This barbecue chicken wing recipe is quick and easy to cook. Grilling the chicken wings is also a healthier rather than deep frying.
I chose to skewer the chicken wings so it is easier to handle but you can also just grill it without the bamboo skewer.
The marinate for this recipe is similar to the pork barbecue on a stick I’ve posted here. Marinate it for just 30 minutes but you may leave it marinated over night.
Make sure to flip the chicken every few minutes to avoid burning. Baste chicken wings with left over marinate sauce.
Serve with hot rice. Enjoy the recipe and watch the video!
Barbecue Chicken WingsPrint This
- Chicken Wings 4-5 Pieces
- Soy Sauce 1/2 Cup
- Banana Ketchup 1/2 Cup
- Calamansi or Lemon Juice 1 Piece
- Ground Black Pepper 1 Tsp
- Garlic Powder 1 Tbsp
- Brown Sugar 1/2 Cup
- Salt 1/4 Tsp
- Combine marinate ingredients (soy sauce, banana ketchup, calamansi, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add chicken wings and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Skewer the marinated chicken wings in a bamboo skewer.
- Grill each skewered chicken wings in medium heat.
- Brush meat with basting sauce before turning it over.
- Do this cycle until the chicken is fully cooked.
Note: Left over marinate sauce will be used for basting.