Banana lumpia is a traditional Filipino dessert, but you can spice it up even more by adding some chocolate and caramel on top! That is on top of the cinnamon sugar that is already there, so it makes for one sweet treat! Check out the banana lumpia recipe below!
We have shared regular lumpia recipes before, but this is a sweet treat for you. This Filipino snack is a banana in a spring roll wrapper and then deep fried (or baked for a healthier option, which we do here). Sounds amazing, right? You finish it off with some cinnamon sugar (and chocolate and caramel drizzle). This can come out to crisp perfection and you won’t be disappointed.
If you do not have lumpia wrappers, feel free to substitute them for egg roll or spring roll wrappers. Check out the banana lumpia recipe below!
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 bananas, peeled and ends cut
- 8 lumpia wrappers
- Powdered Sugar
- Salted caramel for drizzling
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Do it one at a time, as you dredge banana in the cinnamon sugar mixture and then place the banana into the lumpia wrapper. Take the bottom edge and wrap it tightly over the banana, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the wrapper is reached. Be careful not to tear the wrapper. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place the wrapped bananas onto the baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once done, serve immediately. You will want to garnish it with powdered sugar and drizzle it with the salted caramel and melted chocolate, if desired.